Ringuette Quebec has provided these general guidelines for players, coaches and parents. Please follow link and read - COVID-19 and Ringuette.
In addition, each arena will have their own specific protocols which will be posted on the NDG Ringuette website and at the arena entrances.
Here are the types of rules that you can expect. We strongly recommend that you read through and familiarize yourself with the general guideline.
ARENA COVID 19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- As much as possible, players should come fully dressed to play ringuette (except for skates, helmet, gloves and goalie pads which they can put on at the arena) and bring a filled water bottle.
- Arrive 15 mins before the start of activity and leave 15 mins after the end of practice. So, for example, if your activity is from 10:00 am to 11:30 am, you should arrive by 9:45 am and leave by 11:45 am. Please be on time as the team enters the arena as a group. PLEASE NOTE - You may not be able to enter the arena after the activity starts.
- Please note maximum 1 adult may accompany a player into the arena. The 1 adult may bring several children if necessary.
- Everyone aged 10 and over must wear a mask in the arena. (We recommend that children younger than 10 also wear a mask if at all possible). Social distancing between families to be practiced as much as possible. Hand sanitizer to be used upon entry and exit of the arena.
- At the entrance, the team manager will be required to register everyone entering as part of the team and have them answer a few Covid-related questions. This information will be kept in a binder and left at the arena. We will need to refer to it should someone who is part of our team come down with Covid and we need to do contact tracing. If you do not feel well, please stay home!.
- Anyone over the age of 70 years or who has a chronic illness or is immune-compromised should stay home.
- When you are in the arena, please follow the directions and sit only in the designated seating areas.
- Parents and siblings will only be allowed in the rink seating area. Please dress warmly as it may get cold! Please note siblings need to stay in their designated seating area and should NOT be running around.
- Players may get dressed either in the stands with their parents or in the locker rooms and leave their bags there. The locker rooms will have restrictions. A maximum of three adults are permitted in the locker room to assist players.
- When going to and from ice and when they are on the ice, coaches and players are not required to wear their masks. When coaches are behind the bench during games, they must wear a mask. When players are on the bench, they must sit in the designated socially-distant spots.
- When the activity is finished, older players may exit the arena on their own and meet their parents outside while younger players may join their parents in the stands and then exit the arena.
- Washrooms will be available but with restrictions on number of users at one time.
- Arena attendants will be on hand to guide you! Please be patient and understanding with them as they are new to all of this as well and they just want to help us.
Links to specific arena information to be posted shortly.